Avie lovers love to get creative, which means, so can you! Here is a step-by-step recipe to turn your favorite Avie supplement into so much more.
Golden Milk Cheesecake
When I started cutting back on caffeine, I began replacing my afternoon cup of coffee with a deliciously fragrant golden milk latte, and I thought those flavors would translate perfectly into a creamy, spicy cashew cheesecake. This recipe is gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free, yet it’s just as decadent as a regular slice of cheesecake (without the guilt). I used Avie Nutraceuticals Ultramicronized Turmeric Curcumin, which is water soluble and formulated for easy absorption without the need for black pepper (as it can cause stomach irritation as well as other possible side effects), so I also skipped pepper in my recipe, instead adding cardamom for a flavor kick. I decorated my cake with dark chocolate and fresh fruit to turn it into a cute tiger, but it would be equally tasty with coconut whipped cream and more toasted pecans or berries.
Ingredients: (makes one 9” cake)
Toasted Pecan Crust:
1 cup toasted pecans
½ cup almond flour
2 medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
½ cup unsweetened coconut chips or flakes
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
9” springform pan
Golden Milk Cheesecake Filling:
2 cups raw cashews, soaked for a minimum of 3 hours
14 oz. coconut milk (not lite)
6 capsules Avie Nutraceuticals Ultramicronized Turmeric Curcumin
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch sea salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup*
* To make the filling low glycemic swap out the honey or syrup for 6-8 drops liquid stevia
- You will need to soak the cashews for the filling. Stir ½ tablespoon sea salt into 4 cups filtered water in a medium size glass bowl. Add the 2 cups raw cashews, cover with a thin kitchen towel, and allow the bowl to sit on the counter for 3 hours. Before using the cashews drain the water and rinse them until the water coming off of them is clear.
- To make the crust, prep your springform pan by lightly greasing it with melted coconut oil. Place the crust ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process for about 1 minute, or until the ingredients start to stick together.
- Add the crust to the bottom of your springform pan, and firmly press it down using the palm or your hand, or the bottom of a small drinking glass. Transfer to the freezer while making the filling.
- Place the filling ingredients in a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth (it helps to add the cashews a little at a time). I like to let the mixture blend on high for 1 minute to make sure the filling is as smooth as possible.
- Pour the filling over your prepared crust, and return to the freezer for about 3 hours, or until the cake is set. You can keep the set cake in the refrigerator if you will be enjoying it shortly, or cover and store it in the freezer to keep longer.
Recipe by Jessica Lucius, Instagram: luxeandthelady, Website: luxeandthelady.com