Anti-inflammation and joint mobility
- Evaluation of anti-inflammatory property of curcumin (diferuloyl methane) in patients with postoperative inflammation.
- Curcumin, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent, induces heme oxygenase-1 and protects endothelial cells against oxidative stress
Anti-oxidant protection of cells from free radical damage
- Chemopreventive effect of curcumin, a naturally occurring anti-inflammatory agent, during the promotion/progression stages of colon cancer
- Role of phenolic OH and methylene hydrogen on the free radical reactions and antioxidantactivity of curcumin
- Curcumin induces glutathione biosynthesis and inhibits NF-κB activation and interleukin-8 release in alveolar epithelial cells: mechanism of free radical scavenging …
Brain function and memory
- Effect of curcumin on brain insulin receptors and memory functions in STZ (ICV) induced dementia model of rat
- Dietary curcumin counteracts the outcome of traumatic brain injury on oxidative stress, synaptic plasticity, and cognition
- Plants used in Chinese and Indian traditional medicine for improvement of memory and cognitive function
- Medicinal foodstuffs. XXIX. Potent protective effects of sesquiterpenes and curcumin from Zedoariae Rhizoma on liver injury induced by D-galactosamine …
- … protective effects of quercetin and curcumin on paracetamol-induced histological changes, oxidative stress, impaired liver and kidney functions and haematotoxicity in …
- Curcumin prevents alcohol-induced liver disease in rats by inhibiting the expression of NF-κB-dependent genes
Removal of toxins from the body
- Curcumin Decreases Binding of Shiga-Like Toxin-1B on Human Intestinal Epithelial Cell Line HT29 Stimulated with TNF-. ALPHA. and IL-1. BETA.: Suppression of …
- Kizhakkedath R. Clinical evaluation of a formulation containing Curcuma longa and Boswellia serrata extracts in the management of knee osteoarthritis. Mol Med Rep. 2013; 8:1542-8.
- Clutterbuck AL, Allaway D, Harris P, Mobasheri A. Curcumin reduces prostaglandin E2, matrix metalloproteinase-3 and proteoglycan release in the secretome of interleukin 1β-treated articular cartilage. 2013; 2:147.
- Mathy-Hartert M, Jacquemond-Collet I, Priem F, Sanchez C, Lambert C, Henrotin Y. Curcumin inhibits pro-inflammatory mediators and metalloproteinase-3 production by chondrocytes. Inflamm Res. 2009; 58:899-908.
- Kimmatkar N, Thawani V, Hingorani L, Khiyani R. Efficacy and tolerability of Boswellia serrata extract in treatment of osteoarthritis of knee–a randomized double blind placebo controlled trial. 2003; 10:3-7.
- Henrotin Y, Priem F, Mobasheri A. Curcumin: a new paradigm and therapeutic opportunity for the treatment of osteoarthritis: curcumin for osteoarthritis management. 2013; 2:56.
- Kapoor S. Curcumin and its emerging role in pain modulation and pain management. Korean J. Pain 2012; 25:202-203.
- Takahashi M, Suzuki K, Kim HK, Otsuka Y, Imaizumi A, Miyashita M, Sakamoto S. Effects of curcumin supplementation on exercise-induced oxidative stress in humans. Int J Sports Med. 2014; 35:469-75.
- Akazawa N, Choi Y, Miyaki A, Tanabe Y, Sugawara J, Ajisaka R, Maeda S. 2012. Curcumin ingestion and exercise training improve vascular endothelial function in postmenopausal women. 2012; 32:795-9.
- Davis JM, Murphy EA, Carmichael MD, Zielinski MR et al. Curcumin effects on inflammation and performance recovery following eccentric exercise-induced muscle damage. J. Physiol. 2007; 292: R2168-R2173.
- Kawanishi N, Kato K, Takahashi M, Mizokami T, Otsuka Y, Imaizumi A, et al. Curcumin attenuates oxidative stress following downhill running-induced muscle damage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013; 441:573-
Ultramicronized Turmeric Curcumin
- Jagetia GC, Aggarwal BB. “Spicing up” of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunol. 2007; 27: 19-35.
- Menon V, Sudheer AR. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007; 595:105-125.
- Rao CV. Regulation of LOX and COX by curcumin. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007; 595: 213-26.
- Gautam SC, Gao X, Dulchavsky S. Immunomodulation by curcumin. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007; 595:321-41.
- Prasad S, Tyagi AK, Aggarwal BB. Recent developments in delivery, bioavailability, absorption and metabolism of curcumin: the golden pigment from golden spice. Cancer Res. Treat. 2014; 46:2-18.
- Agarwal KA, Tripathi CD, Aggarwal BB, Saluja S. Efficacy of turmeric (curcumin) in pain and post-operative fatigue after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a double-blind, randomized placebo-controlled study. Surg. Endosc. 2011; 25:3805-10.
- Aggarwal BB. Targeting inflammation-induced obesity and metabolic diseases by curcumin and other nutraceuticals. Annu Rev Nutr. 2010; 30:173-99.
- Sikora E, Bielak-Zmijewska A, Mosieniak G, Piwocka K. The promise of slow down ageing may come from curcumin. Curr Pharm Des. 2010; 16:884-92.
- Aggarwal BB, Kumar A, and Bharti AC. Review. Anticancer potential of curcumin: preclinical and clinical studies. Anticancer Research. 2003; 23:363-398.
- Chuengsamarn S, Rattanamongkolgul S and Jirawatnotai S. Curcumin Extract for Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care 2012; 35: 2121-2127.
- Dulbecco P and Savarino V. Therapeutic potential of curcumin in digestive diseases. World J Gastroenterol 2013; 19: 9256-9270.
- Zhi L, Dong L, Kong D, Sun B, Sun Q, Grundy D, Zhang G, Rong W. Curcumin acts via transient receptor potential vanilloid-1 receptors to inhibit gut nociception and reverses visceral hyperalgesia. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2013; 25:e429–e440.
- Rees, WD, Rhodes J, Wright JE, Stamford LF, Bennett A. (1979). Effect of deglycyrrhizinated liquorice on gastric mucosal damage by aspirin. J. Gastroenterol. 1979; 14: 605-607.
- Fukai T, Marumo A, Kaitou K, Kanda T, Terada S, Nomura T. Anti-Helicobacter pylori flavonoids from licorice extract. Life Sci. 2002; 71:1449-63.
- Borrelli F, Izzo AA. The plant kingdom as a source of anti-ulcer remedies. [Review]. Res. 2000; 14:581-591.
- Santo AM, Lopes T, Oleastro M, Gato IV et al. Curcumin inhibits gastric inflammation induced by helicobacter pylori infection in a mouse model. Nutrients 2015; 7:306-20.
- Rajasekaran SA. Therapeutic potential of curcumin in gastrointestinal diseases. World J Gastrointest. Pathophysiol. 2011; 15: 1-14.